Having a sister is like having a best friend and you didn’t even have to go far to find her out. She was there with you right from the time you were born. She understands your childhood and definitely remembers your childhood better than you ever could. And although sometimes you might hate her with all the might and while some other times you will love her with all that you have. But there is no denying the fact that she will be there with you for thick and thin throughout your life. And she will stick with you even if you are trying to push her away. She will be your best friend, no matter what. And she is the one with whom you will be making some of the best memories of your life.Although the relationship between two sisters cannot be put in words, but these come as close as anything ever can. Not all of them might hold true for everyone but everyone will be more than just relate to them in one way or another. So here they are:
- Her wardrobe is not just her wardrobe but your extended wardrobe. You can’t find anything to wear in your closet, well open her closet and there will be definitely something that you will absolutely want to wear. It is like having double the clothes that you own. But don’t forget, that is a two way street and the same is applicable to her. Your closet is the extended wardrobe to her.
- She is your human diary. You have bottled up feelings and have no one to talk to, well guess what; your sister is always available. She is always there to listen to all the crap that you have and are dealing with in your life. And she doesn’t even complain while listening you rant about your best friend ditching you at the party for someone else.
- She understands you better than anyone in the whole wide world because she has had to go through the same things at the same time with you because you both grew up in the same house. Sometimes you won’t even have to finish your sentence to make her understand your point and sometimes you won’t even have to say a single word. That is how well your sister understands you. And there is no denying of that fact. After all she is your go-to person for all kinds of situations.
- And she is always there to accompany you outside. And you both are so often seen together by other people that people often start to mistake you to be the same as your sister. They expect you to behave and react in the same way as your sister.
- And whenever you need advice on any topic under the sun, you know that you have a personal counsellor for yourself who is available 24×7 and does not even charge you for the advice she gives. And that is not even the best part. The best thing is that the advice she gives is always spot on. Why not of course, she understands you and knows what is best for you. And sometimes she advices when you don’t want it. But it is still good advice. Better than what you thought about.
- She is your partner in crime. This may range from just covering up for you in front of your parents to going out and being crazy with you and let you have all the fun that you deserve. But there are also sometimes when she will blow your well planned strategy wide open. But even for that has a fairly good reason and best interest for you at heart.
- Having is sister is not only fun because she helps you cover up your mess at home but also in the outside world. She helps you handle your social life way better than you could on your own. And for this you owe your sister big time. Yes having more popular sister may have its own disadvantages because you may feel like that you are being overshadowed by her popularity. But still doesn’t take away the fact that she offers you great socializing tips.
- The shopping sprees with her are a therapy in itself. No matter what the occasion is, your sister is always ready to play dress up with you and ready to going shopping with you and help you pick out that perfect dress for you. And the best thing about shopping with her is that her opinion is completely unbiased and you can trust her opinion on the clothes that would look nice on you.
- You have always to have sleepover with someone all your life. And you might not realize while you live together but having sleepovers with your sister is the best thing that you could ask for and is the best person you could ask for with. Those endless talks, those late night snacks, those crazy dancing sessions, they are all the package deal. You might want your own space once you grow up but that doesn’t meant that sleepover with sister have to stop being any less fun. They are still the same.
- She is the one person you can fall back on anytime. And rest assured, she will always there to catch you. She might scold you later but will definitely catch you. You can tell her all your secrets and not worry about the world knowing. She wouldn’t rat you out for anything. She will always be there to protect you from anything bad, small or big. Because ever since the day you were born, she has always been protective of you.
- She will pamper you when whole world refuses. There are situations when whole world is against you but it’s your elder sister who will come to your rescue and her hug will give all that comfort. She could read your mind, and you need not to utter a word out. Like a mom.
- She will help you grow and get your wings. India is a rigid society many a times girls are not allowed to fulfill their dreams, but however, your sister knows it that if it’s right than you should go and get it. For that she can fight and convince all the elders around so that you can fly and grow.
As said earlier, a sister-sister relationship is beyond the world of words but it is one of the most precious relations that a girl could ask for in her life. She might not say it often or she might not say it at all but she loves you more than you can imagine and more than her words can justify. Her love for you will always be shown in the little things like her saving you your favorite candy, or coming to your rescue when you were being bullied or she giving her your favorite shoes because liked them more or her getting you the dress that you like in the store but couldn’t buy. A sister-sister relation may be a love-hate relation but it is way more of a love than a hate relation and this fact is indisputable.
..is doing her post-graduation. Along with that she is passionate about writing, hoose freelance writing projects occasionally. She writes because she thinks that it is the best way to communicate the ideas and thoughts to the masses. She is a staunch believer of, “A pen is mightier than a sword”. She has a philosophy that writing is going to bring a mass movement that is going to change the mankind as we know it, of course for the good!